Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Obsessive MIL

Here we go with our next submission:
I've been married over 23 years and my husband is a good person. His mother, however, is always looking to cause trouble. My husband has a son from his 1st marriage and my MIL is obsessed with that son. The son is now 31 y/o and the biggest loser you'd ever want to meet...thanks to my MIL, who wouldn't keep her nose out of our business and had to rescue the child every time he was disciplined.

The MIL is not happy unless there is turmoil in the family. She's lies to create chaos. I've gone toe to toe with her, but it's a waste of energy because it does not change her bad behavior.

She talks trash about my sister-in-law, (her other son's wife). But that's not all...she talks trash about her son's too. Even the one who cuts her lawn and shovels her out in a snowstorm.

I'd like to take a cast iron frying pan and whack her across the face with it......

She refers to my son as a little bastard! My son works for a living and is a responsible person. My stepson (her favorite), has stolen from her, taken her car at will, pushed her around, called her nasty names etc. but he's treating like a king.

Never in a million years did I think a would have to deal with such a rotten human being.
Some people don't know how to live without chaos or drama. It's too bad that her choices have affected your family like this. It sounds like the most you can do is avoid spending time with her. That's too bad, as it sounds like she'll miss out with her other grandson.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, my boyfriends mother is a f*&%$#@ nasty old smelly b*&$%!!!!!! The only difference is that he treats her like the baby and takes care of her and she thinks that he is her husband. She is one sick puppy. I should say ex-boyfriend because I finally had to leave. The best part is that he is 43 years old.

1/14/11, 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I am in the same position. My bil's are afraid of the old witch. They do everything for her. She never says please or thank you, or sorry ever!!! It makes me sick. She is always right and says, I'm mean because that's the way I am and that's that!!

10/14/11, 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home